|Source: Winnebago County Health Department|
Overall the count of COVID-19 tests administered locally went up by 21 to a total of 181 as of Wednesday evening.
The number of pending tests rose by seven while negatives went up by 13.
***Ascension Wisconsin, which operates the larger of Oshkosh's two hospitals, said that uninsured patients will not be billed for COVID-19 related testing or treatments.
It adopted these additional policies:
- Patients who are insured will not be billed for out-of-pocket expenses (ex: copays) related to COVID-19 testing or treatment.
- Financial assistance applications will be valid for one year to reduce the burden of re-application
- Our payment grace period has been extended to four months (120 days). Patients who are unable to make their monthly payments, should call the number listed on their billing statement to have a hold placed on their account.
The city of Oshkosh sent out clarifications about how the safer-at-home directive will be enforced:
- You do not need any special permission or documentation to be out and about. But please stay home unless absolutely necessary.
- Businesses DO NOT need to provide their employees any documentation for them to get to work.